District Membership Chair
The district membership committee is primarily responsible for the relationship with community organizations, the organization of new units in order to provide opportunity for youth membership growth, and youth recruitment.
The fall recruiting campaign focuses on recruiting new families to the fun and adventures of Cub Scouting. For resources, visit the council and national websites. Table tents and directional signs are available to use during your recruiting night. Fall recruiting night training is held at August Roundtable.
Order Fall Recruiting Night Fliers
Ideas on how to produce a successful rally:
- School visits (classrooms, lunchrooms, recess, etc.).
- Send fliers home from school to all prospective members.
- Posters in schools, businesses, community organizations, etc.
- Put Cub Scouting messages on marquees at schools, subdivisions, and businesses.
- Set up a booth at “Meet the Teacher” nights, open houses and charter partner events.
- Post yard signs in every Cub Scout family’s yard.
- Public address announcement at the school on the day of the rally.
- Articles in local newspapers, subdivision newsletters, and chartered partner newsletters.
- Have Cub Scouts wear their uniforms on the day of the rally.
- Plan a second event (e.g., pack meeting) to invite prospective Cub Scouts. Use the second chance fliers.
Packs are encouraged to hold spring recruiting events. Recruiting events can be any sort of fun activity that would entice elementary-aged youth to check out Scouting. This can be simply inviting potential recruits to an already scheduled summer pack activity, or it can be a separate event focused primarily on recruiting. Invite newly recruited Scouts to attend day camp and pack summer events. Sometimes we think we can only recruit in the fall, but spring is a great time to get new Tigers and their families involved early. The council provides a variety of support materials for packs, including fliers.
Request Spring Recruiting Fliers
Troops, crews and ships: March is the perfect month to have an open house to invite friends and other potential Scouts for the opportunity to see the unit. Check out some of the cool resources: